Thursday, January 1, 2009

New series for a new year!

Introducing...

RECIPES FROM A GUY WHO CAN'T COOK!

I can't cook.  At least not well.  But in a fumbling sort of way I've come across stuff I've created that I enjoy eating and think that other people in my same predicament (large loser without a girlfriend or cooking talent) will enjoy as well.  First off, here's what I had for supper tonight!

The Super Sloppy Spicy Sandwich

One pound ground beef.

Onions.

Peppers.

Shredded Cheese (whichever kind you like)

Chili Powder.

Cayenne Pepper.

Mrs. Dash Original Blend.

Barbecue Sauce (I used 'Thick and Spicy').

Wheat bread.

Note:  There are now specific amounts to add, just whatever you think will taste good.  So everything is 'to taste' I guess you'd say.

Directions (if you can call them that)

Okay so basically I threw the meat in the skillet and cooked it up until it was mostly brown.  While I did this I added the various spices listed above.  When the meat was very close to being done, I tossed in a bunch of chopped onions, the cheese, the peppers, and the barbecue sauce.  I finished cooking it, letting the onions get a little brown and the cheese completely melt into the meat.  Then I put it on some toast bread and topped it with horseradish mustard and regular yellow mustard.  It was very tasty and spicy.  


The Healthy Homemade Smoothie

Large bag of frozen fruit of any variety (I used the basic mixed fruit variety)

Club Soda

Milk

Vanilla extract.

Directions

Basically, just throw all of the ingredients into a blender.  First the fruit, which should fill about 3/4 of the blender.  Then the milk which should fill to about halfway.  The club soda comes next, filling up the rest of the blender.  Add a splash of the vanilla extract, then blend it until it is a consistency you desire.  If you don't feel like being as healthy as I do, add some sugar.  You can also add juice instead of the milk to add some flavor.  It's not a super tasty treat, but it's healthy and refreshing.  And it goes well with the barbecue sandwiches! 

No comments: