Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A few short poems...

I dug up some poetry and edited it, and also wrote a couple very small poems. Please enjoy.


Trendy Musicians

God save
Those fingers
That blister
On the strings
Of electric guitars
And wash themselves
Of the stink
Of the downtrodden


The Reason

Who is the man at my window
Jotting down his notes
He lingers
Waiting for something
I cannot guess what
Under his gaze,
I aim to be holy
It’s something
I’ve never been compelled
To do before


For the Bros

I spent a week
With all my books
I learned a lot
But
What it took
Was what it meant
To be a friend
And now my one need
Is not
The smell of ink
And clever words
But the smoke
Of cheap cigars
That feeling
I get
When ignoring
The scars
That kept both of us
At bay
For
So
Long
All I want to do
Is talk the night
Into the dawn
Hop the bars
Just for pool
Or smoke
And laugh
Pretend
that we were
Always
Cool
I swear
It’s all
I ever wanted
To do


Back In Your Gilded Cage, Melanie Daniels

Coat not the bars of your prison doors
With the gold of who you are
For you are the treasure
Of whom I sing
And I wish you to find your voice


November's Bet

I’m a collector of spines
And of colorful covers
To sit on my shelf
And sell me to others

No comments: