Sunday, November 9, 2008

Often, random story ideas come to me.  These are ideas that I secretly wish could immediately be written into existence by me.  Here's my two that came to me today:

  • The story of Jesus' life, historically accurate with vivid and engaging dialogue, but written in the style of modern counterculture author's like Chuck Palahniuk with modern slang and language used.  Much in the same way Romeo and Juliet was updated for the DiCaprio flick and yet retained the Shakespearian dialect.  This would be the opposite.  More something along the lines of The Last Temptation of Christ.  I think it would be a great way for me personally to get to know the person of Jesus by writing him to life.

  • A Guy Ritchie (Snatch, RocknRolla) or Irving Welsh (Trainspotting) style gangster/drug trafficking novel.  The kick is, the front that this mafioso organization puts up is under the guise of a megachurch.  As a church they launder money and have all sorts of schemes to do criminal activities.  The deacons are all also hitmen and goons and carry guns.  All these other religious organizations start to get wind of something strange going on and inadvertently start a huge mob war.  Expect twists, turns, and double crosses along the way.

No comments: